I decided to blog about this event because I decided to take the first step to join. Of course, I did not expect I will get into the finals but I guess can still try my luck. If I did not get in, it just prove I need to work harder. This is actually the 5th year that omy is organising this event. There are a total of 10 catalougires, 2 celebrity categories and 3 sponsored categories. A complete list of award categories is shown below:
Ten Main Categories:
- Panasonic Eco Best Photography Blog
- Panasonic Eco Best Lifestyle Blog
- Panasonic Best Y-Bloggist
- Casio Sheen Best Fashion Blog
- Domino’s Best Food Blog
- SOLD.SG Best What-The-Hell Blog
- Best Individual Blog
- Best Travel Blog
- Best Family Blog
- Best V-log *NEW*
Two Celebrity Categories:
- Panasonic Most Popular Local Celebrity Blog/Microblog
- Panasonic Most Popular Overseas Celebrity Blog/Microblog
Three Sponsored Categories:
- Gmarket Best Online Shopping Blog
- Mary Chia Best Beauty Blog
- ST701 Best Blogshop
This year, omy.sg introduces the “Best V-log” award, a brand new addition to the 10 main categories of Singapore Blog Awards, created to acknowledge the increasing popularity of home-made videos shared on YouTube and other online video services as a form of blogging.
The two celebrity categories, “Panasonic Most Popular Local Celebrity Blog/Microblog” and “Panasonic Most Popular Overseas Celebrity Blog/Microblog”, will be determined entirely by public voting.
The sponsored categories are “Gmarket Best Online Shopping Blog”, “Mary Chia Best Beauty Blog”, and “ST701 Best Blogshop”.
Nomination and registration is now open till 6 May, followed by a voting and judging phase which will end in June. This year’s Singapore Blog Awards will see a series of exciting events in the months leading to the finale event in July. These include three bloggers’ workshops hosted by Panasonic andomy.sg as well as a slew of other engaging events organised with other sponsors.
In line with the fifth anniversary of the Singapore Blog Awards, omy.sg would be acknowledging five “Super Bloggers” who have contributed to the blogosphere in their own unique ways. The identities of these bloggers will be revealed on the official Singapore Blog Awards site (http://sgblogawards.omy.sg) on a later date.
This year’s award ceremony will be held at Singapore Flyer, the world’s largest Giant Observation Wheel, where invited guests will get to sample the best of local hawker delights at the Singapore Food Trail, a unique 1960s-themed food street, while the winners of the respective categories are unveiled.
You can log on to the official SBA site to nominate your favourite blogs. If you are a blogger, you can also participate directly by nominating yourselves for the Awards.
Singapore Blog Awards 2012 Judges are as shown below:
- Kelvin Tong, movie director
- Anna Lim, Radio 100.3 deejay
- Kuo Jian Hong, Co-Artistic Director of The Theatre Practice
- Xiao Han, Lyricist and Director of Funkie Monkies Productions
- Keith Png, fashion designer
- Andrew Chong, Correspondent, Singapore Press Holdings Fukan Desk
- Walter Lim, Director of Strategic Planning, Policy and Marketing Communications, National Art Gallery
- Tan Diya, singer
- Carrie Yeo, singer
- Ah Ken, Radio 100.3 deejay
- Violet Lim, Founding Director of Lunch Actually and Eteract.com
- Danny Yeo, theatre practitioner, event host, voice talent, writer
- Eunice Khong, multiple award-winning travel blogger of Travelerfolio.com